This plan takes into consideration the advice of local medical professionals. Though the Friends follows current CDC guidelines for the prevention of spread of Covid-19, no activity presents an absolute zero risk and neither Friends nor the Boca Grande Health Clinic can guarantee complete prevention of Covid-19 or other infections for attendees of events.
Friends has signed the Boca Grande Pledge
We pledge to do our best to keep our employees and customers safe in these uncertain times as we continue to serve our island community by adhering to the guidelines of the CDC and recommendations of the Boca Grande Health Clinic.
- We pledge to continue to serve our beloved community by creating a clean business environment with a low-to-no-touch customer experience whenever possible.
- We pledge to provide hand-sanitizer or a hand-washing station to all customers and staff.
- We pledge to require face coverings for all customers and staff.
- We pledge to limit the number of customers visiting our premises at any one time.
- We pledge to maintain 6-foot physical distancing between all employees and all customers.
- We pledge to wear face masks and smile with our eyes.
- We pledge to hang informative signs to provide information on COVID-19 prevention.
- We pledge that employees will not come to work if they are feeling sick or unwell.
- We pledge to frequently clean and disinfect touched surfaces.
- We will open all spaces at 20% capacity.
- Any waiting line for entrance into the venue will be monitored for social distancing.
- We will use a 2-person seating chart with social distancing figured at 6ft. A single will use one of the 2-person seats.
- If golf carts are allowed into an event, parking will begin 6ft behind the chair seating. A parking plan will be drawn in the grass with 6ft social distancing on all sides of the golf cart.
- If tables and chairs are needed, the tables will be set-up with the same social distancing.
- All patrons will be asked to wear masks.
- Patrons may bring their own refreshments to any outdoor event. Anything brought into the park must be taken out of the park by the patron.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Restrooms will be limited to 3 people at a time. Signage will be in place, and occupancy will be monitored by a volunteer or staff.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will be done after each use by Lee County.
- Exit from any venue will be staggered by rows to avoid crowding.
- Paper will be minimized (no programs, hand-outs, tickets, etc.)