South-Central Florida Eco-Tour – SOLD OUT!
March 7-8 | April 1-2
$595/person, double occupancy; $685 for single occupancy
(Includes a $50 tax-deductible donation to Friends)
Join the Friends of Boca Grande on an eco-tour of South-Central Florida to learn about ancient habitats that are home to the illusive scrub jay, the restoration of the Kissimmee River, the Florida ranching industry, and why this is important to coastal communities. This trip is limited to 16 adults.
- Explore the Kissimmee River & Restoration Project aboard the U.S. Coast Guard-certified Kissimmee Explorer II pontoon vessel.
- Embark on a driving tour to see many of the breathtaking murals that are painted throughout Lake Placid.
- Cocktail hour and dinner at the Archbold Biological Station; learn how its cutting edge research has created real conservation solutions across diverse ecosystems.
- Enjoy the scrub tour and journey through scrub ridge.
- Tour a Florida cattle ranch and ecology research center aboard an 18-seater swamp buggy. Visitors often see alligators, caracara, red-shouldered hawks, feral hogs and deer.
Walking on well-kept trails.
Leave Boca Grande Community Center at 7:00am sharp. Stay overnight at Holiday Inn Express. Return to Boca Grande by 7:00pm.
Included in your trip:
- Round trip transportation from Boca Grande in a 25-passenger mini bus with bucket seats and extra headroom.
- All meals, including a wine/beer reception (one breakfast, two lunches and one dinner).
- Lodging accommodations at Holiday Inn Express.
- All entrance fees and tour costs.