South Central Florida Eco Tour . . . Ridge, River, Ranch!
Tuesday, January 17 - Wednesday, January 18
Trip cost $745/person (double occupancy) | $835/person (single occupancy)
Join the Friends of Boca Grande on an eco-tour of South-Central Florida to learn about ancient habitats that are home to the illusive scrub jay, the restoration of the Kissimmee River, the Florida ranching industry, and why this is important to coastal communities. This trip is limited to 16 adults.
- Tour a Florida cattle ranch and ecology research center aboard an 18-seater swamp buggy where visitors often see alligators, caracara, red-shouldered hawks, feral hogs and deer.
- Learn about the Predator/Prey Program and the Florida Wildlife Corridor.
- Cocktail hour and dinner at the Archbold Biological Station; learn how its cutting edge research has created real conservation solutions across diverse ecosystems.
- Embark on a driving tour to see many of the breathtaking murals that are painted throughout Lake Placid.
- Experience the Kissimmee River restoration project by Pontoon (bring binoculars to enjoy all of the birds!)
Walking on well-kept trails.
Leave Boca Grande Community Center at 7:00am sharp. Stay overnight at Holiday Inn Express. Return to Boca Grande by 7:00pm.
Included in your trip:
- Round trip transportation from Boca Grande in a 25-passenger minibus with bucket seats and extra headroom.
- All meals, including a wine/beer reception (one breakfast, two lunches and one dinner).
- Lodging accommodation at the Holiday Inn Express.
- All entrance fees and tour costs.