A Day at Edison and Ford Winter Estates
Tuesday, February 4 | (One Day Excursion)
Edison and Ford Winter Estates is the historic home site of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. The site also includes a 15,000-square-foot inventions museum, the 1928 botanic research laboratory (a National Historic Chemical Landmark), caretakers’ houses, gift shops, Edison’s guesthouse and study – all on more than 20 acres of botanic gardens. The Edison and Ford Winter Estates just finished more than $14 million in restoration to the historic buildings and gardens and won the top recognition from National Trust Award for Preservation in 2009. The Inside the Homes Tour takes visitors through normally-closed areas of Thomas Edison’s and Henry Ford’s winter estate homes.
- Take an educational tour led by the Edison Ford curatorial staff and expert historians.
- Experience rooms not seen during other tours.
- Enjoy a lunch at the Pavilion overlooking the beautiful Caloosahatchee River (weather permitting).
The tour format allows for questions and discussion and is approximately 90 minutes.
Leave Boca Grande Community Center at 9:00am. Spend the day at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. Return to Boca Grande no later than 4:00pm.
Included in your trip:
- Round trip transportation from Boca Grande in a 40-passenger mini-coach with bucket seats and extra head room.
- Lunch at the estates.
- All entrance fees and tour costs.